Terms & Conditions
TC Dance Academy Terms & Conditions
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your class start time. If students do not arrive on time or are late, we reserve the right to refuse entry and, in this case, students will forfeit their class. This is to ensure that all students warm up properly with the rest of the class, reducing the risk of injury and ensuring our classes start on time. Late students will NOT be permitted to join in the class if they have not attended the warm up.
- Refunds for late students will not be issued.
- TC Dance Academy reserves the right to alter the timetable or provide a different teacher if required due to circumstances beyond our control.
- All students must have signed the waiver before taking part in any class/event or workshop. It is the student’s responsibility to inform TC Dance Academy of any changes to their medical condition when they attend each class.
- Courses are not refundable or transferable.
- For parties, the deposit must be paid at the time of booking and the balance of the party must be paid on the date of the party booking. In the event of cancellations, deposits are non-refundable.
- TC Dance Academy reserves the right to refuse entry to the studio for any reason.
- Students believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave class IMMEDIATELY.
- Students must not apply lotions, moisturizers or creams on the day of the class. This is for safety reasons as lotions can make students slippery, increasing the risk of injury. Lotions can also leave the poles slippery for others, increasing their risk of injury too.
- Each student is the best judge of their own health. If a student has any sickness or injury which may put them or others at risk during the class, you need to inform your instructor in advance of the class.
- All injuries suffered during class, including minor injuries, must be reported to the instructor at the time of occurrence.
- In the event of snow or bad weather, TC Dance Academy will announce any class cancellation on the Facebook page, website and mailing list. TC Dance Academy will also try to contact each student individually by text. If you are concerned a class may be closed due to bad weather and can’t see a notification of cancellation, please contact your instructor directly.
- TC Dance Academy mats are provided for student safety, we request that all students use them.
- Students are NOT permitted to ‘spot’ or teach other students whilst attending classes at TC Dance Academy for reasons of safety. Spotting is only permitted by the instructor of each class. Spotting techniques can be complicated and require a certain amount of strength, as well as differ from a move to move.
- Students are not allowed to show or help other students into or out of moves. TC Dance Academy insurance covers appointed persons to teach. Therefore, if a student is trying a move not been demonstrated by an appointed person, at TC Dance Academy, the student will not be liable for any compensation should an injury or incident occur. Each individual student will be taught moves based on their previous experience, flexibility, and strength. Pole fitness instruction involves breaking down many parts of a move. TC Dance Academy DO NOT allow students to teach other students moves in their classes. Only appointed persons are permitted to teach.
This information is general advice and TC Dance Academy accepts no liability resulting from any advice taken from this page. If you have any particular health concerns, please consult your doctor as soon as possible.
If you have any medical conditions or injuries or are worried about any aspect of your health that may prevent you from doing physical activity you must consult your doctor prior to attending any class.
Please advise your instructor of any health conditions at the start of the class and ensure that you update your instructor should your health or physical fitness or ability change.
All participants must sign a disclaimer to waive liability before starting a class or course.
We DO NOT teach anyone under the age of 16 years without a parent there. Participants between the age of 16 and 18 years must have consent from a parent or guardian if alone.